When it comes to becoming physically fit, you need to understand that you need to make sure that you’re safe and secure. Why? It’s because there is a certain amount of risk involved in you doing workout exercises.
With this, it makes perfect sense for you to use or wear something that will just help you in your workout endeavor – knee sleeves. In this article, we’re going to talk about these and help you in choosing the best knee sleeves. For sure, your workout exercises, especially your squats, would be easier and more comfortable for you.
Benefits of Having Knee Sleeves
1. Prevents Injuries
One of the best things about these knee sleeves is that they help give your knees support. It does this by firming up your muscles, bones, and joints, thanks to the compression it gives you.
It’s because of this that you won’t have to worry about sustaining any injuries, such as dislocations. You are in safe hands when you’re wearing knee sleeves. This gives you the peace of mind you need to become more confident in doing squats.
You might have experienced doing squats and workouts in the winter months or during a cold day. It feels more difficult to execute your squats, right? This is because your knees become more inactive as the cold temperature seeps through your muscles.
It makes it stiffer. But with the help of knee sleeves, you don’t have to worry about that because it gives you sufficient insulation. The compression these knee sleeves give you is enough to keep you warm. This then makes it easier for you to move and bend your knees.
3. Faster Recovery
It all boils down to the compression these knee sleeves give you. It’s because of the compression that your muscle health and blood circulation are improved. The tighter your knees get, the less likely it would experience wear and tear.
This leaves your knees to be less worn down. Aside from that, blood flows through your knees in a smoother and more efficient way. This makes it easier for you to recover. You won’t experience any muscle or knee pains when you wear knee sleeves while doing squats.
4. Better Support
You'll also have better balance by simply wearing knee sleeves. This is because your knee bones and joints are tightened up. The tightened up feeling it gets what makes you more balanced and stable. You're less likely to fall or to stumble when you wear knee sleeves.
Things to Consider When Buying One
There are a lot of things you need to consider if you want to wear knee sleeves. But the first consideration you need to make is a comfort. This is very important because you are the one wearing it. You don't want to wear something that is itchy or sweats the hell out of you. You want something that is comfortable to your skin and something that lets your skin breathe while having sufficient support.
You also want to look good when you wear knee sleeves. When you’re working out in the gym or perhaps doing squats, chances are, is that there are a lot of people around you. And the least thing you want to feel is to look bad. You want knee sleeves that look good on you, which is why you need to make sure that its design is attractive and visually pleasing. You want something that will match your outfit, as this gives you a confidence boost.
Of course, you don't want to have something that looks good but can easily get ripped or damaged after a few uses. With this, it's important to consider its quality. Make sure that the knee sleeves you've bought is durable and will last for a long time. It's through this that you can save money because you don't have to buy another if ever it gets damaged or too loose.
The last but certainly not the least consideration you need to do is the price. Here comes the tricky part, because most people don't know that you don't need to buy an expensive one just to make sure that it is of high quality. Take note that there are a lot of knee sleeves sold on the market that is affordably priced.
But even though they've got a cheap price tag on them, their quality isn’t cheap. In fact, they have similar features and qualities with that of more expensive brands. It’s all a matter of effective canvassing.
Top 5 Best Knee Sleeves
*Below, you'll find our more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
1. Knee Sleeves (1 Pair) Support & Compression for Weightlifting, Powerlifting & CrossFit
The Nordic Lifting Knee Sleeves is a unisex product that can be used by all people who want to be physically fit. If you want knee sleeves that will help remove your muscle pains and improve muscle recovery, this is what you're searching for. Aside from that, this product is also specifically designed to help reduce the chances of injury due to its design and materials. This knee sleeve boasts its heat retention capabilities.
What this feature does is that it retains heat and gives your knees a warming effect, thereby keeping your knees more active and capable of doing a wide variety of motions. It features a black design with white curved stripes on its sides. The Nordic Lifting logo can be seen on its front side.
- It’s a great fit for knees of different sizes. It feels very good on your knees because of the perfect fit it has.
- It’s perfect in ensuring your balance. It keeps your stable and reduces the chances of you stumbling down.
- This knee sleeve has good quality. It feels good, looks good, and give you the assurance that it will last a long time.
- Its sizing is a bit off. If you’ve got the wrong size, you’re most likely to be unable to fit it. This is the reason why you need to be extra careful in choosing one.
- The design is also boring. It would look better if it had more colors or styles on it. It looks generic.
2. Rehband 7mm Knee Sleeve
The Rehband Knee Sleeve measures 7mm and features a bright royal blue color. Its fabric is made of Rehband’s own classic material that is made to make you feel comfortable and supported. The knee sleeve itself is designed in Sweden, but is made in Estonia – a testament to its global manufacturing style. The one in charge of its production in Estonia is Otto Bock Healthcare GmbH.
If you’re searching for a gym gear that will help prevent injury and improve muscle recovery and rehabilitation, this is what you need. It’s even approved by the IPF and the IWF. The logo of Rehband can be seen on its front, with matching decorative stripes on its sides front, outlining the shape of your knees.
- It looks attractive and nice, primarily because of the way the stripe lines are curved. It seems like it outlines your knee’s curves.
- The price is also attractive as it’s fairly priced. It’s affordable compared to other brands.
- These are a durable knee sleeves. It’s made of high quality materials, giving you the assurance that they’ll last a long time.
- It can slide off easily, which is why it’s not that the best when it comes to security. This is especially true if you’ve got sweaty knees.
- The sizing is a bit off for this one.
3. Rehband Rx Knee Support 7751 5mm
Then there’s the Rehband Rx Knee Support which is probably one of the best picks in this review. What makes this knee sleeve standout is that it features an anatomically fit designing, which makes it fit perfectly on you. This is made possible thanks to the 3D contour design it has. It’s a proprietary and patented technology that Rehband solely has.
It measures 5mm and is made to help make your workout exercises more comfortable, thanks to the soft and smooth material texture it has. It also gives you enough warmth to help you make the most out of your squats. If you also want to have something to help out your knee recover, this is also the best choice you can get. It features a black colored design with matching military camouflage strips on its front.
- It’s a very effective way to improve your knee stability, thanks to its sturdiness and soft fabric material.
- The quality of this knee sleeves is superb. It feels very durable, sturdy yet soft, and gives you the feeling that it’ll last a long time.
- It provides you with great support, making you more balanced and stable in doing squats.
- The sizing for this knee sleeves is a bit off, but not too much.
4. Knee Sleeves ( 1 Pair w/ bag ) Best Orthopedic Knee Support & Pain Compression Brace
The Primal Elite Knee Sleeves is another product we recommend. It is a knee sleeve which is specifically designed to event injuries and reduce knee pains, making it easier for you to execute different workout exercises, especially squats. If you want something that you can wear for CrossFit, powerlifting, bodybuilding, or simply doing squats, this is the knee sleeves you need.
This includes a carrying bag, and you are also entitled to a 90-day hassle free return if ever you don't like it. You have two size options to choose from, the 5mm and the 7mm knee sleeves. The carrying bag looks hip and cool as it has a dark blue color to it showing the brand's logo up front. The knee sleeves feature a bright blue color with white stripes on its top and its side. The brand's roaring lion logo can also be seen up front.
- It feels great on your skin because of its smooth texture.
- The warranty is a good idea as it gives you the peace of mind you deserve, in knowing that it’ll last a long time.
- The padding is very thick, giving you maximum protection and support. It feels very durable and sturdy on your knees.
- It can easily get wrinkles, especially if you machine washes it a lot of times.
- The bright blue color design is not that visually pleasing.
5. CopperJoint Copper Knee Sleeve, #1 Compression Fit Support
Then there’s the CopperJoint Copper Knee Sleeve, which is another highly recommended product in this list. It features an anti-slip system that makes sure it won’t slip off even if your knees are too sweaty. It also has an anti-odor feature that gives you a more hygienic feeling whenever you use this one. This means you don’t need to regularly wash this.
Aside from that, this knee sleeve stabilizes the temperature that your knees feel, making it breathable in the process. It’s made of quality copper and nylon, giving you the peace of mind that it’ll last for a long time. This has a black color with CopperJoint logo found on its upper side portion. The CopperJoint name can also be found circling its bottom part.
- This knee sleeves is great for inflammation problems and tendonitis.
- It gives you great support, making you more balanced and stable in doing a wide variety of workout exercises.
- Despite its many features, it still fails to do all of those, especially when it comes to it not staying in place.
- It’s thin and lacks extra padding, making it feel a bit flimsy.
Out of the five reviewed products, the one to emerge as the best is the Rehband Rx Knee Support. It’s comfortable, durable, feels good, and is visually pleasing. It looks good on you, but still boasts superior functionality and durability. If you want to have a more effective workout exercise such as doing squats, this knee sleeves is what you need. It’ll surely bring out the best in you, and give you the safety and security you need.